WHY SHOULD I JOIN THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS?
Since 1899, millions of veterans have join the Veterans of Foreign Wars for the camaraderie, as well as to support and serve their fellow veterans and communites.
VFW members are a force to be reckoned with and your membership helps to keep our voices strong. To date, the VFW and its members have championed every major piece of veterans legislation since 1899. Every year our members give back to their communities donating more than $48.2 million and 8.6 million volunteer hours.
What your membership means and your dues help pay for has enabled the Veterans of Foreign Wars to do the following:
- Educate thousands of separating service members about his or her well-earned VA benefits through our 1,935 VFW Service Officers across the land
- Secured for our veterans over $7 billion in VA benefits which included $1.2 billin in new claims in 2016 alone!
- Provided testimony before Congress thus becoming instrumental in virtually every major legislative victory for veterans
- Provided over $9 million in financial assistance to military families to cover basic needs in times of crises
- Distributed $426,500 in disaster aid to 1,198 military families as a result of hurricanes and fires during 2017
- Awarded $3 million in student scholarships, monetary awards and other incentives to middle and high school students through two major patriotic essay competitions
- Awarded over $4.1 million to more than 900 veterans and service members throught he VFW's " Sport Clips Help a Hero Scholarship Program" since 2014
- Assisted 116,791 veterans in submitting NEW VA Claims in 2016
- Provided 6,399 grants to military families facing financial hardship through VFW Unmet Needs
- Provided $4,136,000 in grants through the UNMET Needs Program covering housing for struggling military familes
- Assisted some 46,000 high school students in the Voice of Democracy Program and over 122,000 students in the Patriot's Pen Essay competition.
Your membership does count and we want and need you to help the VFW continue providing the above services for our veterans and thieir families now and in the future. The more members we have the stronger our voice in the Congress. We need your help to preserve the benefits our veterans and YOU are entitled to and prevent their loss in the future.
SEND AN E-MAIL TO MCPO4@NYCAP.RR.COM WITH YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH YOU or go to the Contact us page and fill out the form.